5.9.10

if it wasn't for your misfortune I'd be a heavenly person today

school starts on wednesday. I still have to read the jungle and write a "personal review" on it. I'm skimming it, I already know it sucks and I hate meat. oh well!

I've been discussing various matters with ava on facebook. she seems to have resolved her grudge against me by now [or at least she claims she has]. apparently Someone Did Something, and neither c nor I can figure out what the hell spawned this, but here. excerpts. and commentary.

ava: do you remember that tearful sleepover we had at my house? it's just... im afraid that it didn't do anything

sweet jesus, I'm thinking. what brought this on? and do we really need reminding?

I went to c and appropriately expressed my concerns that I didn't know what the fuck was going on.

c (10:12:25 PM): you don't have to tell her this, but you realize she probably could have learned a few things from that too
c (10:12:31 PM): like to not do what she's doing right now?

right c, right! didn't we actually tell her back then that WHAT SHE'S DOING IS BAD AND SHOULD BE AVOIDED?

and yet it continued.

ava: yeah but we aren't having the eventful five-way phone convos we used to have
me: every one of those from this summer has been because [shane] was planning something
ava: or the laughs that broke out with each other, or the obvious love between everybody at the table

sweet christ, I think I might be an evil person for wanting to shoot myself through this. I asked her about this "obvious love" and she elaborated nicely.

ava: was there love there? or was that the high school social bug that stung us all
me: uh... what? what are you even talking about, I don't get it. are you asdking about freshman year or sophoomore year?
ava: freshmen, the first three months were amazing

OH MY GOD, I thought here. SHE'S REPEATING EXACTLY WHAT SHE DID AT THE SLEEPOVER.

me: well, in freshman year we didn't even really know each other that well... not at the beginnign at least
ava: now we do and we all secretly hate each other

well fucking played.

the conversation then took a non sequitur path and we discussed why I so despise the rrpof, and then she did another non sequitur and said that c was awesome. then she came out with this gem:

ava: but im also worried about [mary]
me: [mary] is scarily obesssed wth [shane], yes. that is cause for alarm.
ava: she's in love with her, there's a difference

OH MY GOD, SHE'S SIXTEEN YEARS OLD. PLEASE CUT THIS CRAP.

the crap was eventually cut and the conversation turned to why ava wishes I was her closest friend. aw. in trying to do so she backhandedly insulted me. it was great. it eventually escalated into "I CAN'T MOVE ON!!!" in those exact words. I am so thrilled. she told c that she was "working it out, epic chick flick moment", but nothing was really happening over on my end. then ava and I made a Pact.

ava: i will try to be less angry and talk to you more
ava: but you have to stop blocking me out and know that i am here for you
ava: yes i know you are working on it
me: okay. thank you. that will work.
ava: but that is my demands, do you have any demands?

I thought about this and told her nicely to stop jumping someone else's train, namely mine. that segued into "but I really do like depeche mode, I find myself CRAVING it!" after that I gave up, which she took as a sign it was okay to send me more jesus metal shit.

---

C (10:59:38 PM): oh god. I will grant you that the people are... interesting, to use an [ava] phrase, but please don't start the "I CAN'T WAIT TO GET OUT OF THIS HELLHOLE" crap
L (11:00:23 PM): hahaha. trust me I won't. I do love [the academy]. it's the Interesting People that make me not want, that is all.
C (11:00:55 PM): hah. it is ok.
L (11:01:02 PM): which is why the blog is good, I guess. just so long as no one finds it
C (11:01:09 PM): yes. it is good.
L (11:01:38 PM): "heheheeeey, today my friends sucked. also now my blog can give you a seizure if you move your mouse too fast! I love life."

2 comments:

  1. Ah, yes. It is rather nice not to have Ava hate your guts. It only happens once in a blue moon, so you should enjoy it.

    Me, on the other hand, she's finally decided she likes, and now she is trying to make me exactly like her, because that's what friends do I guess. Which is better? Hmm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. she wants me to be her BEST FRIEND EVAR!!1! while she still harbors resentment against me. this is classic soap-opera-worthy stuff here!

    and I think her logic for that is that when I started hanging out with you I sort of stole your musical taste [and added my own OMG 80s OMG 90s into it], and she knows it, so she thinks that since she can't absorb All The Best Of The 70s 80s And 90s by just being around us she's going to try and make us, especially you, exactly like her. with jesus metal shit.

    not even going in the direction of the epic romantic shit and the "I DON'T WANT YOU TO GO TO HELL BUT YOU'RE A HEATHEN PLEASE CONVERT TO MY RELIGION" shit.

    longest comment ever

    ReplyDelete