3.8.10

community service #2 + drama update

today c and I, along with a sophomore I've never before talked to, were assigned to help the nun who teaches art move shit around. I SWEAR TO GOD THAT'S ALL WE EVER DO. she apparently still remembers my unfortunate mishap during volunteer week last year, when I sorta flooded her kitchen a little bit. jesus, I didn't even remember that.

our first task: "this box of embroidery thread is out of order. let's put it in order. NO, YOU'RE DOING IT WRONG."

"are we supposed to put the individual packets in order?"

"NO."

"oh, then do we move the drawers?"

"NO. we're moving the shelves."

in the end they were in "order". nobody understood the system, really. except the nun.

task #2: planting plants. nobody screwed this up, actually. not in a huge way, anyway.

task #3: JEWELRY. I will fully admit to not having any idea what the hell was going on with the jewelry, but it involved pins. lots and lots of pins.

the nun then released us, and we were told to go up to the library. now, our school library is a massive piece of failure. it is in a gym. the shelves themselves take up like ten percent of the gym. the rest of it is wide open space. and couches. then the library is about 65% outdated nonfiction, 30% pvg-y or required-reading fiction, and 5% encyclopedias. as a result, not many people end up actually in the shelves and instead spend their time with the many couches. C and I spend a lot of time in the actual library bit, so we know our way around it. being paranoid, we set out checking to make sure none of the excellently outdated books we so love [like UFOS are Serious Business! and Nuclear War: What's In It For You?] hadn't been stolen or pulled or anything.

and then I decided to get a bit creative and long story short we got locked in a fucking stairwell that, judging from the musty smell, hadn't been opened in years. I was so thrilled when the one unlocked door [besides the one that DEFINITELY led to some kind of Place To Hide The Bodies] turned out to not be an emergency exit.

I don't remember a ton from today. I shelved books for two and a half hours at my library-job. that was exciting. I also ran into this napoleon-dynamite-esque guy who stalked me in 8th grade. that was pretty freaking creepy.

edit:

me: "I saw ____ at the library today."

my mom: "how is he?"

me: "uh, good. he showed me pictures of his friends and then he took my picture. that was weird."

my dad [utilizing a jon heder voice]: "'this is a Lissa... it's probably my favorite animal'"

another edit:

from my good friend wikiquote.

Deb: What are you drawing?
Napoleon: A liger.
Deb: What's a liger?
Napoleon: It's pretty much my favorite animal. It's like a lion and a tiger mixed... bred for its skills in magic.



-----

oh, but I did promise a drama update.

remember ava's epic idea [all her ideas are "epic"] about the surprise-mary-party? yeah, it's still on, but now we're going to a freaking amusement park as well. and every time I say something in the thread, she's like, "FINE. JUST GET THERE." in a way that implies she's envisioning stabbing me in the face. she does not do this to anyone else. though I will give her credit: her last facebook status was "is a little depressed", which, in her terms, means "will dismember you if you look at her".

no word on the drinky-drinky party. these people suck at planning.

No comments:

Post a Comment