23.8.10

it all seems so STUPID

it makes me want to give up
but why should I give up when it all seems so stupid?


a few hours ago, I was sitting in the backseat of a car being driven by a straightedge punk with a social distortion hat and a neckbeard; in the passenger seat was his blue-haired madonna-loving goth girlfriend. that would be the family friends' duaghter and her boyfriend. interesting day indeed. we were all singing along to placebo's cover of "20th century boy", speeding down the highway. this is definitely the moment against which I will measure all other weird moments in the future.

anyway.

ava has heard everything counts again. her new thoughts on it:

i listened to depeche mode more
i actually like it better now
i was actually craving to listen to it more
it's like something you described it once
i didn't like it at first, but then i listened again and now i like it better


I could turn this into "I'm a bitch for not being happy she likes one of my favorite songs" or I could turn this into, well... I don't know. I want to apologize to the spirit of depeche mode, somehow. I feel like the best way to do this is giving 101 lots and lots of love.

two more years. two more years. two. more. years.

this is a rare moment in which I am indirectly involved in something more than observing it. and I am fucking mad. really, really mad. I hate watching things not be appreciated, just... seen as something to go alongside lady gaga. I take music seriously because I haven't got much else to throw myself into. I hope you've enjoyed this rare display of emotion other than apathy or, as c says, sardonic amusement. I hope both for my sake and yours and for this blog's that it doesn't happen again for a good long time. if anyone can figure out what the new tag I just started stands for, you are either a genius or a stalker. congratulations!

No comments:

Post a Comment