14.8.10

the customer is NOT always right

a list of the top 10 types of people [or just people] I hate the most at my job. this also features the particular hell that went on last week, which is at #1. not to say there aren't some really nice people [I have a particular bond with dudes in ac/dc shirts and crazy cat ladies, it would seem], but overall, most of the people suck.

10. people who ignore me when I try to talk to them - do you want this in plastic? um... excuse me... EXCUSE ME MR. EXCUSE ME! EXCUSE ME??? DO YOU WANT THIS IN PLASTIC OH MY GOD I WANT TO KILL YOU

9. my boss - oh god this guy. today he told me not to cross my legs. at least I think that's what he was saying. he doesn't speak english very well. in his words, it was "stand straight, remember, don't close your legs." right, I won't close my legs.

8. people who set their screaming children right next to me - this right here is why I hate kids.

7. people using food stamps who have really fancy phones and manicures - do I have to?

6. people who buy enough food to feed the russian army and then look at me like it's my fault I can't bag at the speed of light - oh, I'm sure you have somewhere to be. shouldn't have counted on the grocery store being a fast job, hmm? it never is. so stop looking at me like that or I'll put these cans on top of the bread.

5. people who complain about their bags being too heavy - okay, look, if I can lift it with one hand it's not fucking heavy. I have no muscles whatsoever so stfu.

4. people who want their shit in paper bags INSIDE plastic bags - HUMANITY IS DE-EVOLVING BECAUSE OF YOU.

3. people who buy large quantities of meat - please just stop. especially when it's bloody or shredded. raw meat in general makes me want to throw up, but DO YOU HAVE TO PUT SO MUCH OF IT TOGETHER? it's not even any particular types of meat, except for...:

2. people who buy semi-boneless legs of lamb - do you even know how hard it is to hold a semi-boneless leg of lamb and not think "well I'm holding a severed limb of a dead baby sheep"? also, "semi-boneless" does not protect from the sickening crack that is bone meeting metal if you accidentally drop it. gaaah.

1. the bitchface - I see this woman every week, usually one register over from me. she. must. die. she is like the solo embodiment of the most racist queer-bashing bands they can find. she only came to my register once, and I made the mistake of biting a hangnail. she freaked out and demanded I didn't touch anything else, then yelled at the manager when he came over. and then proceeded to leave without paying for anything. so we had to clean up a whole register full of shit. this is the kind of person who champions pta meetings and fears rock & roll because it makes kids into school shooters. she must die.

2 comments:

  1. Been there, suffered through that. I feel for you. Bagging groceries was my 1st thankless job. We also had to do carry out. Rain or shine, sleet or hail, tornado or pizza oven...
    So that was the added joy of being told I was an idiot in my bagging style, but also that I didn't know how to put bags of groceries in a car trunk. The best was the time I had a customer start puking beside her car as I loaded her groceries. Then my boss made ME go out and clean it up after she'd gone. HURK HURK HURK.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hah! I've narrowly escaped being fired several times. I've been at this for, oh, two months? [it takes about two hours to realize this job is crap.] they won't let me carry the bags out though, since I'm a girl and "creepy people" are int he parking lot. I do not understand this logic, but then again, I don't understand my boss either.

    I will think of that story next time I work and hopefully it will make me feel better. Have to find a happy place...

    ReplyDelete